Thursday 2 December 2010

AT LAST

I'm back on line. I have been having so many problems with my pc and my router that I eventually gave up and called someone in to have a look at all of our laptops and put in a new router. We now only have one laptop between three of us and the other two are being fixed and updated.

So much has happened since I last posted I really don't know where to start but here goes. Last Monday I ran an off site Assessment Centre for work. The day was a huge success and everything went extremely well. We had booked a local hotel for a dinner meeting following the days activities. The plan was to review the 13 candidates and score them so that we could offer 8 of them a position and as we would be working into the evening we could have dinner as well. However, as I was getting into my car my foot slipped (on a stone I think) and my foot went down between the kerb and the car resulting in torn ligaments in my knee. I'm now the proud owner of a huge bandage and a pair of crutches lol. Been there before and really wasn't in a hurry to repeat the experience but hey ho. I had to go to hospital and then 2 days later I was asked to attend the fracture clinic because they thought it might be broken. I have had similar type injuries in the past and think that I managed to convince the Doctor that what he saw was an old fracture. I have to go back on the 22nd so that they can look at it again. I was off work for a couple of days but am now back. I can't drive but my colleague Iain has been picking me up and dropping me off. It is quite scary to be hopping about on crutches outside with all the snow and ice we've got. Let's hope I don;t perform any more acrobatics.

Looks like my turn on the computer is over and I will have to go.

Will post soon as I have some crafty things to show.

Fee x

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you back on line but so sorry to hear about your accident - crutches will definitely slow you down. I hope you're getting plenty TLC from Jim and Laura - just as well Jim is driving again. Take care all of you.

    ReplyDelete