Friday 5 March 2010

We Went, We Saw ...................


absolutely nothing that made me go WOW I need/want that. I must be getting too fussy these days but it seems to me that the show has gone downhill big time. The nicest thing I saw all day was this little flower arrangement lol. I did pick up a few papers and a couple of Hero Arts cling stamps that were an absolute bargain at £3 each (I think someone must have made a mistake with the pricing gun cos they were £7.95 everywhere else). I also bought some Decopatch paper and glue as a present for Laura, I thought that she could maybe alter a couple of things during the Easter holidays. She loves messing about with paper and glue and I'm sure she will love this.

Val and I were looking for nice rub ons for scrapbooking (again) but they were nowhere to be found and we went home disappointed. We also had a look at the new City Girls stamp range by Whiff of Joy and wanted to buy some but the stall had temporarily run out and were waiting for a new delivery. Val gave the stallholder her phone number in case they arrived when we were still there (well that was her excuse anyway LOL). We looked at some more of the newer stamp ranges but there were so many rip offs of the likes of Basic Grey, Stamping Bella and Elizabeth Bell Designs it is becoming ridiculous. Also the quality of the some of the stamps did not look particularly good at all so I think I'll stick to my faves - Unity, Stampendous and PTI (for cardmaking) and Autumn Leaves (for scrapbooking).

Okay that's my rant over, can you tell I was miffed about not being able to spend my money? Other than that we had a nice day, a fab lunch and lots of laughs. Tomorrow we're planning to do some crafting - here's hoping we get around to it.

Fee x

2 comments:

  1. Loved the flowers and your last scrapbooking page. If you are disappointed about not spending much at the SECC I'm sure you can find other directions for your money to go!!
    Maybe Laura could help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I don't think that "maybe" is the word that girl can spend money quicker than you can earn it. Glad you liked the layout.

    ReplyDelete