Sunday 9 May 2010

Scor-pal Gardeners Companion





I thought I would try making my own version of a shabby chic flower from yesterday's post. So using the same Prima cardstock I cut out some scalloped circles and a small retro flower and spritzed them with water and scrunched. When I flattened them out again I made a hole in the centres with my paper piercer then popped in a little wired rose that I had lying around in my stash. I mounted it on a foam pad and stuck it to the card. I'm not completely sure what version I prefer but I was happy with the result and the ones I made myself were an absolute fraction of the cost LOL.

Yesterday Val and I tried our hand at designing a Scor-pal project that could be used as a gift for a gardener. I've seen books with pockets like this before but usually they are made with chipboard and this is obviously not suitable for scoring. I used the new double thick Bazzill cardstock for the base, scored it with our Scor-pals and then covered it with Chatterbox papers. The metal buttons are from Melissa Frances and I've sewn it on to the cardstock using PTI twine. Inside there are five separate pockets, containing seeds, twine, flower pot labels and plant ties. I didn't get it all finished until later today (probably because we were stuffing ourselves with muffins LOL), here is my version. I hope you like it.

Jim has his MRI scan tomorrow so fingers crossed all will be well. His BP is still up and down quite dramatically and I'm still worried about him.

Till tomorrow.

Fee x

No comments:

Post a Comment