Tuesday 22 June 2010

Thank You





Thanks to everyone for all the support over the past few weeks, we have been having a pretty rough time of it lately with Jim being ill. He got home from hospital on Thursday and I have been doing my best to allow him do absolutely nothing (not an easy thing to do). It's been confirmed that he has had another stroke and I'm being really tough on him when he does anything he's not supposed to. He is unhappy that he can't drive at the moment but he does understand why but gets a bit frustrated about it.

On Friday evening, the sun was shining and I decided to take Laura, her friends Jenny and Sophie and their Mum (Anne) up one of the local hills to see the beautiful view of Loch Lomond. It took us about half an hour to climb to the top of Duncryne Hill (locally known as "The Dumpling"). It was good to get a bit of exercise and some girl time. I took a bottle of peach water and bags of crisps with me and we had a rest at the top while munching our crisps and drinking our water. The view is absolutely stunning and it is a fairly easy climb as there is a track all the way up. I would recommend it to anyone. I've posted some photos for you so that you can judge for yourself. The first one is near the bottom of the hill and the girls are doing their yoga (and chanting), in the second one Jenny had climbed onto the stone plinth at the top and the third is a beautiful view of the loch and some of the islands,

A mega thank you to Val and Sandra for looking after the shop on Sunday to let me have some R & R time with the family which was much needed and appreciated. I was under strict instructions from the girls to go home and chill which is what I did. Later on in the afternoon we took a short drive to the beautiful village of Luss on the East side of Loch Lomond. It was a wonderful sunny day and wandering round the village helped me to de-stress. Jim managed to walk from the Car Park to the Coffee Shop and back but he was exhausted after just a short walk. I think it just proved to all of us that he really needs to take it easy for a while.

Gotta go now or I'll be late for work if I don't get a move on.

Till later.
Fee x

1 comment:

  1. I was so glad to catch up on the news on your blog and sorry to hear about Jim's second stroke. Day to day things must be so difficult for all of you and very frustrating for Jim - give him my best wishes for a return to better health.
    I loved the photos of Duncryne; the girls obviously enjoyed themselves. Take care.

    ReplyDelete