Friday 20 August 2010

Safely Back ..............

from a mostly sunny Cumbria. I had a great time with the guys and they have learned such a lot. I suppose that training and development activities are the nicer side of HR LOL. I even surprised myself by climbing 25 feet up a ladder (I hate ladders and won't even go up into the loft) so that was quite an achievement for me. I took lots of photos of the troops doing the various activities including when they were out on Lake Windermere in whaling boats. I sunbathed from the safety of the safety boat while they all got hot and sweaty rowing about the lake looking for clues. My accommodation was fantastic and far superior to the dormitories the guys were in - in fact it was a standing joke that my room was 5 star compared to their boy scout accommodation. I also managed to have a few wee drinkies in the bar (just to be sociable). I was really sorry to have to travel back before the end of the week and they did try to get me to stay but I thought I'd better get home and get Laura ready for going back to school.


I went into ASDA today to burn a CD from my camera memory card and approximately 1 hour later left the store. That will teach me not to store so many photos on my card.


Tomorrow evening I'm supposed to be going to a charity football match and then on a Booze Cruise on Loch Lomond with some other people from work. Can you see a trend developing here LOL? Jim has not been very good today so we'll see how he is tomorrow.

Catch ya'll later.

Fee x

1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed your "adventure" trip.
    Hope you enjoy your other outing - you deserve to.
    Sorry Jim is not so good - hope he feels better by the time I see you on Sunday.
    I hope Laura's return to school was good.

    ReplyDelete