Tuesday 3 August 2010

Yoo Hoo I'm Back


At long last. I've had no internet access for about three weeks and it has been driving me nuts. I could not figure out what the problem was and I have tried absolutely everything to fix it and ended up making it worse instead of better. Fingers crossed it's fixed now.

So to catch up:

Work is going well and I am mega busy.
It looks as if my contract will be extended until November.
I'm going off to Cumbria for a few days soon to supervise on a leadership course for twelve of our Apprentices.
Jim is not really any better and he is fed up not being able to drive.
He is still waiting on an appointment with the neurologist.
We are off to the hospital tomorrow for an appointment with the Consultant.
I'm putting on weight again (cos I'm eating breakfast in the Canteen - fab bacon rolls though).
Molly is getting bigger and cheekier by the day.
My scrapbooking mojo has disappeared and I'm struggling to get anything done.
Laura is turning day into night by staying up late then not getting up till the afternoon.
Her hormones are raging like a typical teenager LOL.
I think she is getting a bit bored with the holidays but would never admit it.

Last night (at 10pm) Laura and I decided to bake. We had been looking through some of my cook books and spotted a recipe for Chocolate Fudge Cake courtesy of Nigella Lawson. There were one or two ingredients that I didn't have in the cupboard so I did a quick trip to our local ASDA and was back ready to start baking at 10.30pm. I rustled up two fabulous cakes in double quick time and then headed for bed. This morning I made the buttercream icing and, as if any more calories were required, I grated dark chocolate over the top. I left half of it at home for Jim and Laura and took the other half into work and we scoffed it. I didn't even have time to take a photograph LOL. I hope you like the photo of Jim with Molly she really is getting bigger every day.

Off to bed now cos I'm exhausted.

Till tomorrow.

Fee x

2 comments: