Friday 30 October 2009

Sad Day - Many Happy Memories




Today was the 10th Anniversary of the death of my stepfather. I phoned my mum to arrange to take her up to the cemetery because she doesn't really like going up there alone and I thought she would welcome some company today. We headed up around 2pm and you would not believe the wind and the rain. The cemetery is high up on the hill above Alexandria and it is very exposed so we didn't wait around very long. I had bought some flowers in nice autumn shades and Laura wrote a message on the card to her Papa (which had me blinking back the tears). We have lots of happy memories and often talk about him when we are together which I think is nice.
On a happier note Jim and I went to a Race Night tonight and had a really good time. It was organised by the School Parent Council and we enjoyed betting on the races and shouting encouragement to our horses. I phoned home a few times to ask Laura to choose a horse so that she didn't feel left out. She was lucky enough to win in the very first race. We had just gone along ourselves and a group of people kindly asked us to join their table and they were so nice and welcoming it made a very pleasant evening.
I'd better get to bed now before I turn into a pumpkin LOL.

Till later.

Fee x

No comments:

Post a Comment