Sunday 13 September 2009

Friends, Flowers & F(ph)otos








We had a Christmas Card Workshop today and Lesley (my PTI fixation partner in crime) came over to join us. I was afraid we might scare her off because we can all be a bit cheeky to each other and it can be a bit overwhelming when you come into a group of people that know each other so well. I needn't have worried cos she fitted in just fine and could hold her own no problem. Izzy had forgotten half her stuff and kept having to borrow bits and pieces and poor Lesley kept her supplied with what she needed LOL. The bill is in the post Izzy.

I think that Margaret Anderson takes the productivity prize again as she had made 17 cards by the end of the day. Well done Margaret you showed these "young" things (LOL) how it's done.

Here are the two cards that I did with the group to get our inspiration going. The patterned paper on both cards is from My Minds Eye and the cardstock is Bazzill. The first card has punched out snowflakes in various sizes which have been twinkled (as usual) and white organza ribbon. The greeting is by Hero Arts. The second card uses white swirl organza by Creative Expressions and the border was punched using my Fiskars Threading Water Punch. Letters are cut out using the Sizzix serif alphabet and twinkled using irridescent glamour dust. Boy did I get into a mess twinkling all these letter.

I have also posted a photo of a lovely bouquet of flowers I received from the lovely Emma Booth. Emma got married recently to her handsome Hungarian Fiance Zoltan. Val and I had helped her to design and make her wedding invitations. She popped in with the flowers and a card to thank us for our help and to show us her fantastic wedding album which was done in storybook style. I have never seen anything like it before, it was absolutely gorgeous. Almost makes me want to get married again (NOT!).

Enough of my ramblings, I have schoolbag packing to supervise and shoe polishing to check before I even think of sorting out the uniform situation.

Till tomorrow.

Fee x

No comments:

Post a Comment