Tuesday 22 December 2009

Day Three & It's Still Snowing











I'm beginning to wonder if it will ever stop LOL. The weather is certainly causing transport problems although the main roads are passable, the side roads are pretty bad. I'm hoping that I can get out of the drive tomorrow morning as I need to do some food shopping. Poor Jim has still to get home from work in these freezing conditions. He normally gets home around 12.30am but I think it will take him a lot longer to get home tonight.

I thought I would share photos of some of my Christmas decorations. Each one has it's own story and memories that make me smile and remember a person or the time they were bought.

I won the little gingerbread man and the fairy in a raffle at a Scrapping Weekend a couple of years ago. They were both made by my friend Andrea (Geordie Girl) and I was so pleased that I won them. Minnie Mouse was bought by Laura in Disneyland, Florida last year. She bought it in the Christmas shop with her own money. The felt wreath has been around for about nine years but it still looks as good as new. Jim bought it for me when we were on holiday in Florida and I'm sure he thought I was nuts wanting to buy Christmas decorations in May but I love it LOL.

Off now to batten down the hatches for the night.

Fee x

3 comments:

  1. Oh hun I know, its the same here it took me all my time to leave the house today and I was just going to visit my friend who lives in the next house lol. Gorgeous decorations, its lovely that you have memories of where and when they were bought and who bought them. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and All the best for 2010. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had forgotten about those decorations Fee so it was really lovely seeing them on here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all my decorations and the handmade ones are particularly special as they are so beautifully made. I'm rubbish with a sewing machine and could never make anything so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete