Tuesday 8 December 2009

Introducing ................ Colin



I couldn't resist showing you a photo of Colin the Curler. Don't ya just love his hat with the earflaps? He even has two little curling stones in his hand - cute or what? I spotted Colin last year in a wool shop in the village of Aberlour and just had to have him. He also has a little friend and I'll show you him sometime soon.
The little chocolate bars on the left hand side are the ones that Val bought for me in Tesco. The ones on the right I've covered with some lovely poinsetta paper by Sandylion.
I went along to my mum's guild tonight with some extra stocking stuffers I had made . I donated the takings to their funds as they have had a lot of outgoings this year and I thought I would try to help their fundraising. Everyone loved what I had made and I managed to raise £31 for them. Not bad for stuff made mostly out of scrap paper and goodies from Poundland.
Catch ya'll tomoro.
Fee x

3 comments:

  1. Fee, I was thinking about getting a scor-pal and wasn't sure if I'd be better with imperial or metric! I love all your ideas and especially the choc bars, always on the lookout for fundraising ideas for school/church/girls & boys brigade etc. etc.!
    Would value your opinion.
    Ruthx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Fee Colin is adorable!! I can understand why you had to have him, he is gorgeous. Goodness those chocolate bars look good, think I will have to have a look for these in Tesco, they look really expensive in there new wrappers. What a great idea. Hope you are well. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments girls I'm glad you like the chocolate wrappers. I did the wrappers for these with my metric scor-pal just to try it out. Although I normally use my imperial one for making boxes etc. I'm always raking about in Poundland to see what they've got that can be re-packaged to look more expensive. My most recent find was the Green & Black organic chocolate (4 small bars for £1) and Terry's Chocolate Orange Bars (4 for £1) - fab little extras for stockings.

    Ruth if you need any detail on the Scor-pal please phone me on 07812575510 and I'll do my best to help.

    ReplyDelete