Saturday 13 February 2010

I Passed the Test - Yippee




The fruit loaves were a huge success and I'm in the process of rattling up another couple tonight. I took one along for the girls at the crop today and we managed to scoff it no problem (thickly spread with butter of course). I thought I'd post the recipe in case anyone would like to try their hand at making them.

Ingredients

1 Cup Caster Sugar
1 Cup Water
1/2 lb Mixed Fruit
2 Cups Self Raising Flour
4 oz Butter or Margarine
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
2 Eggs

Melt Sugar, water and butter in saucepan. Add fruit and cinnamon and bring to the boil then simmer for 20 minutes. Allow mixture to cool in pan then add, flour, beaten eggs and baking powder to saucepan and mix well.

Grease two 1 lb non stick loaf tins with butter or margarine and divide mixture between the two tins. Bake in a preheated oven at 175 degrees (fan oven) for approximately 50 minutes to 1 hour.

I didn't really do much at the crop today except eat and chat LOL. However, I did manage to finish off a layout I started on our weekend away. I hope you like it. Thanks to Lyn for lending me her white gel pen cos I couldn't find mine anywhere. The paper is from the My Minds Eye Bloom & Grow Range and I felt that it suited the photo perfectly. I chose to use Doodlebug rub ons because I hate my hand writing and I love the funky fonts that Doodlebug have.

Fee x
Don't forget to add your comment to Wednesday's post to be in with a chance of winning the My Little Yellow Bicycle Baby Safari Blog Candy. The winner will be drawn after midnight tomorrow (Sunday) and published on Monday. Good luck everyone.

2 comments: