Monday 1 February 2010

Project Number 2




After covering the organiser box I was left with some pink paint and a lot of scraps of cardstock and I decided to be thrifty (for once) and use them up. I bought this little bank at the same time as I bought the other box and I thought I might as well do something with it. As you know, we had a fab time at our Scrapbooking Weekend at http://www.southlittleton.co.uk/ and we have booked to return again in October. I thought that if I made this little bank it might focus my mind on saving up for this. I hope you like it.

I've made some more carrot cake tonight and I'm impatiently waiting for it to cool so that I can taste it. As my last effort didn't require any hospital treatment I thought I would post the ingredients in case anyone wanted to try it out. There are many recipes available on-line but this is the one I used.

8 oz Self Raising Flour
4oz Muscavado Light Brown Sugar
4oz Finely Grated Carrot
2 Ripe bananas (mashed)
2 oz Chopped Walnuts or Pecans
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
2 Large Eggs (beaten)
5oz Sunflower Oil

Method

Preheat fan oven to 175 degrees . Lightly grease 8" non stick square cake tin with butter.

Sift flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder together in a mixing bowl and stir to blend. Make well in centre and add beaten eggs and oil together. Using a mixer on low setting mix until smooth consistency forms.

Stir in carrot, banana and nuts until blended. Pour mixture into tin until half way up side. Bake in oven (middle shelf) for 45 minutes or until firm and skewer in centre comes out clear. Remove from oven and leave to cool completely before removing from tin.

Topping

6oz Soft Mascarpone Cheese
6oz Icing Sugar (sieved)
1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
2oz Soft Margarine (I use Stork)

Method

Beat Mascarpone cheese, margarine and vanilla essence then add icing sugar a little at a time. Blend until thoroughly mixed and smooth. Spread icing over top of cake and refrigerate for an hour to set topping. Decorate top with walnuts or pecans then cut into squares and serve.

Enjoy! I'll post a photo of my efforts tomorrow.
Till then.
Fee x

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for recipe - it sounds good but I'm afraid John can't have it made for him as the temptation for me would be too great!
    The bank looks fab, you're putting me to shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could always send him a slice lol.

    ReplyDelete