Saturday 7 November 2009

Fireworks

Jim and I took Laura and her friends Jenny & Sophie to see the Fireworks at Helensburgh Pier. We were having a great time and the girls went on quite a few rides. Jenny and Laura loved the Waltzer and went on it 3 times in succession. Sophie was not too keen after the first ride and she stood with Jim and I watching the fireworks. Oh how I wish we had gone home straight after the fireworks but Jenny & Laura decided to go on the Waltzer one more time and I thought I would join them (reliving my mispent youth LOL). It was fast, fun and we were screaming at the top of our voices. When the ride stopped we pushed back the bar and started to get off when unexpectedly a little girl and her mum tried to get on and pushed the bar back on top of us and it caught Jenny right across the bridge of her nose OUCH and it began to swell then bleed! We took her to the British Red Cross van to get her checked out and they gave us a cold pack and suggested that she gets checked out at A & E. That was the end of our night out and we took poor Jenny back to her Mum and Dad. We hope that she is okay and that her nose isn't cracked or broken but she may have a black eye or two in the morning. Apart from all the drama we did have a good time.

Despite good intentions I didn't get much crafting done today as my mojo seemed to have deserted me completely. However tomorrow is another day and I have a couple of things I would like to do so fingers crossed that my mojo returns.

Fee x

Fee x

No comments:

Post a Comment