Monday 30 November 2009

The Geriatric Gardener

Yeah ....... me! I took advantage of the bright, chilly weather today to give the back garden a last tidy up before Christmas. I did the front garden a couple of weeks ago in between all the rain we had and Jim power washed all the paving. Raking leaves and pulling out border plants that had been left in far too long was back breaking work. Tonight I'm feeling the pain in the backs of my legs and my lower back. I'm obviously now officially geriatric or at least that's how I feel tonight LOL. When I was working away a little robin appeared and hopped around the garden hoping for a juicy worm or two. This was the first one I have seen in the garden for quite a while. Earlier this year I found one dead at the back door and I think it was killed by the flock of magpies that nest in the trees behind our house. They drive me mad with their constant chattering.

I didn't make any headway with my reindeer food as I was too busy in the garden so I need to try to get that finished this week. I'm hoping to get together with my BF Val this week to finish off our Christmas gifts. We both still have so much to do so we had better get a move on.

I hope you like the snowflakes - I thought it was time to start putting up the Christmas decorations.

Till tomorrow.

Fee x

No comments:

Post a Comment