Tuesday 17 November 2009

Stocking Stuffers






Yesterday I made a pile of little bags filled with mini candy canes as stocking stuffers for our Church Christmas Fair this coming Saturday. I used up some scrap pieces of Doodlebug Christmas paper and adhered them to the top of each bag to make it a bit more festive looking. I had already stamped the polythene bags in Blazing Red Staz On with a candy cane stamp that I had lying around. The stamp was from a set that I bought in Lakeland a long time ago and I thought I would never use it LOL. I punched out some 2" red scalloped circles and some 1 1/4" plain circles to sit in the centre of the scalloped circle. I then punched out a little Christmas tree and popped it in the centre. I bought the mini candy canes in Poundland cos you can get a box of 40 for £1 (incredible). No fuss and very quick to do.

I also had a go at designing a new Scor-pal project using fantastic organic chocolate bars from Green & Black YUMMY! Okay confession time - I ate a bar but you must understand it was purely for Quality Control purposes. Yeah right.

Till tomorrow.

Fee x

5 comments:

  1. Hi Fee, would love to see a pic of the candy canes wrapped up. Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. so where is a piccie of your stocking stuffers then? ;) Oh lordie, please tell me that the organic chocolate will not be used in the next class I am coming to???? I luvs them and I find them difficult to account for in my healthy eating!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who's been a busy girl then !!! LOL
    Hope you kept some choccy for your pal LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will post a pic of candy canes so that you can see my handiwork. I tried not to make them too complicated as they are supposed to be inexpensive.

    The organic choccy is for next weeks class Izzy if I ever get the project finished LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Mrs! I turn my back for a few days and you go make all of the above!! Fantastic stocking stuffers, what a great idea. Hope your friend gets better. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

    ReplyDelete