Saturday 9 January 2010

Blown It






Well that's the first New Year Resolution broken LOL. I promised myself I would blog everyday in January and I didn't even make it for the first week. Life just seems to get in the way. In order to compensate (and to make me feel better) I'll give you an update.

Wednesday 6th

As it was the last day of Laura's holiday we took a stroll around Loch Lomond Shores this afternoon. It was almost deserted and we wandered in and out of the shops and along the shore making the most her last day of freedom for a while. It was nice to have some quality time together and we really should do it more often.

Thursday 7th

Laura started back at school today and we had the usual routine of "just five more minutes" for more than half an hour Grrrrrr. Eventually she was ready but I had to run her to school to ensure that she wasn't late.

In the afternoon I went to the Spa at The Carrick on Loch Lomondside for an aromatherapy massage. My youngest niece works there as a beauty therapist and my sister gave me this as a gift for my birthday. Outside there was the beautiful water fountain and I couldn't resist taking a quick photo. The massage was fantastic, very relaxing and I came home totally chilled out. I'll have to save my pennies if I want to go back again (and I really do want to go back). When I got home I made Laura a quick snack and lay down on the sofa for a quick forty winks. Two and a half hours later I was wakened by Laura asking when I was making dinner (please don't phone Childline, I did feed her eventually).

Friday 8th

A day spent chasing my tail. Everything I tried to achieve fell by the wayside LOL. It was just one of those days when nothing went right. I did take my Mum into ASDA for some shopping but apart from that I don't think I finished anything else I started.

Saturday 9th

It had snowed again overnight, not a great deal but enough to make the roads and pavements even more slippery.

Margaret and Roberta popped in today and helped Val and I to eat some yummy Marks & Spencers biscuits (goodies were courtesy of Sandra - thanks Sandra but I'm sorry we finished them).

I actually finished off a layout today - YIPPEE! I'm afraid I can't take much of the credit as Val had to practically stand over me until I did something. As usual once I got started I wanted to keep going but by that time it was late afternoon and we ran out of time. Anyway I've posted it for you to see (perhaps you can guess which one is Shrek). I'm grateful to say that I've lost almost 2 stones since that picture was taken as it is not very flattering.

Laura and I decided to do a little baking tonight and as I sit here, the smell of Banana Muffins is wafting in from the kitchen. I wonder if they will be around long enough to take a photo? I wonder if they will look good enough to take a photo of LOL.

We'll see.

Fee x

3 comments:

  1. well, do we get a prize if we identify which figure is Shrek????? LOL
    izzy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were busy after we left.
    Well done getting a scrapbooking page done, makes me feel very lazy - No comment please!
    Haven't yet put away my sale goodies - maybe that will inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Izzy you don't get a prize for identifying Shrek he's the one behind Princess Fiona LOL.

    Margaret don't feel lazy, Val really did stand over me till I finished this layout.

    ReplyDelete